Thursday, June 3, 2010

Random Project Week

Like most crafters, I have piles upon piles in my sewing room. This week, I decided to knock out a few random projects that have been waiting patiently. And here they are…

Notepad Holder for a good friend that recently graduated with her Masters in Social Work. I’m so proud of her! Thought this notepad holder would be a great gift. I pretty much copied this one, from KnittyBitties. I love it soooo much, such a cute idea!

 IMGP8363 IMGP8364

 Diaper Pouch for ME! Diapers and wipe boxes run amok in my purse, so this will contain them in the future…plus I can take it out and carry it with me when I don’t need the entire purse. This tutorial can be found here from Noodlehead…she’s awesome! (Notice I used the same fabric…very economical, I must say) ;)

 IMGP8367

IMGP8368

IMGP8370

 

Baby Lovey Gift Set requested by a friend. I’ve made one of these for her before and we both loved it a LOT. I’ve since written down everything I did so that I can duplicate it in the future. The lovey was copied from an etsy page, but the link is now broken, so I have no idea who’s page it came from. The bib was copied from a bib I had for Cam, and I used one of Cam’s old prefold diaper burp rags for the size of the burp cloth. Easy peasy!

 

 

 

 

 

Bib for Cam. Ruth and I went to a sweet fabric store and I found this polka dot oil-cloth type stuff that I thought would make a perfect bib. We are still using tiny bibs on him and his messes are NOT tiny anymore, so he really needs some new, bigger bibs. I used a crappy Target bib, from the dollar bins, as a pattern. I didn’t put the pocket on, cause nothing ever falls in the pocket anyway. I backed it with a scrap piece of white terry cloth and bound it with single fold bias tape I had on hand. YAY for using up scraps!

IMGP8369edit copy

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment